Hello and welcome to the next edition of my short sharp podcasts. This is episode 154!
Today we are talking about 5 Smart ways to be more productive
- Make a reasonable to-do list – break it into urgent, semi-urgent, nice to do and other
Not everything on your to do list is urgent, somethings can wait and should wait!
- Turn off your emails (or close them down). Make a habit of checking your emails just once or twice a day, rather than everything you hear the “ding” of you’ve got mail! If you feel uncomfortable with this, perhaps have your out of the office turned on with an email that acknowledges to the sender that you have it and you only check your emails at 10 and 2 pm and will reply as soon as practical.
- Put your phone in the cupboard or the drawer! Your phone is no doubt your biggest distraction during the day – so you know the old saying, our of sight, out of mind – so put it out of sight and bring it out when you NEED it – not want it!
- Stop multi-tasking. You aren’t fooling anyone but yourself. You are not being more efficient having 10 things being done at once- you are LESS efficient. Concentrate on task number 1 – get it done and then move on.
- Take more breaks. The Pomodoro Technique might work great for you. 25 minutes of work – 5 minute break. Then repeat. Google it and do some research, it might be just what you need to break the unproductive cycle you might be in.
Ok, that’s it – see you next time. Hope you enjoyed the tips on being more productive – now stop listening to podcasts and go be more productive!
Oh, but before you do, if you’re enjoying these short episodes, please go and leave a rating and review – would so appreciate that.
Remember, there’s no point in dreaming small.