So, 30 September is also known as “Jenn Day” in my house. It’s my birthday. I love birthdays!
Being 47 years young, I thought I’d share my wisdom-ness (!) with you but sharing 47 things I know for sure in life and in business.
So, here’s 47 things I know for sure:
- 47 years go quickly!
- You have to work on relationships – all the time! Marriage, friends, clients – they are all relationships you need to work on each and every day.
- Stop waiting for others to do what you want them to do – just do it yourself. Pick up the phone, send that email, book that restaurant.
- If you want something done, ask a busy person!
- Spending a day in bed is an okay thing to do – no judgment.
- Reading the last page of a book first, lets you know whether you should read the rest!
- Similarly, reading the PS at the end of an email first, determines whether the rest is important enough to read.
- Ready, fire, aim is a good mantra for life.
- Haters will hate. There’s nothing you can do to make someone who doesn’t want to like you, like you. And that’s perfectly fine!
- You never know who’s watching you, admiring you – not in a creepy, stalkerish way though.
- You never know who you are inspiring.
- iPhones are addictive and it’s not your fault – it’s the aim of their game.
- Where you start in life or business, is not where you will finish.
- Kids grow up way too quickly, that part of your life is incredibly short – to enjoy it while it lasts.
- I miss travel ☹
- Little steps towards a goal will still get you there.
- Doing things that are outside your comfort zone helps you grow as a person.
- Friendships are everything. Work on them. Love your friends hard.
- Technology will pass you by if you don’t make an effort to learn from those who are doing it better.
- Having a mentor in your life, having people you admire and look up to in life, will help you grow and be a better person.
- Covid-19 sucks.
- Weeds grow in your garden, no matter how much weed mat you put down.
- If someone is really your friend, you can survive anything.
- You are in charge of your own happiness. Not happy? Then it’s up to you.
- Setting goals is imperative in business to be successful.
- The washing basket is like the never-ending tim tam packet – it’s never done.
- Watch who you lend your ears to.
- Don’t let people in the “cheap seats” have an expensive opinion about your life.
- Being a business owner isn’t supposed to be easy – if it was everyone would do it.
- Showing up for others is just as important as showing up for yourself.
- Embrace what you know for sure.
- There’s no point in dreaming small.
- Lessons in life come in all different forms. I learnt I was a leader by what occurred during a fatal car accident. That single day changed my life more than any other.
- Look for the lessons in everything. They are there if you are willing to see them.
- There’s a silver lining to every bad thing that happens, sometimes it just hurts too much to see it.
- Bad things happen to good people.
- If you share your hopes and dreams with people and they think you’re mad, they aren’t your people.
- If it’s too good to be true – it really is.
- Trust your gut and if necessary run like hell.
- Asking questions helps you grow – even the uncomfortable questions that need to be asked.
- There’s no failure in life or business, just lessons.
- Change is good for the soul.
- Embracing collaborations over competition will light up your life in ways you’ve never considered.
- My children will always be my greatest achievement.
- To the world, you are one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Birthdays are the best! And a great day to reflect on the past and the future. Plus, not having them would suck.
I thought I’d struggle to think of 47 things – but apparently, I will have to wait until I turn 207 to share all my wisdom-ness!!
Happy my birthday to you, thanks for being a part of my world, in whatever capacity, I appreciate you.
What do you know for sure that would be on your list?