Hey there, my fabulous listener, welcome to episode 103 of the Small Business Made Simple Podcast.
Thank you for lending me your ears today – I know you have lots of choices, so I sincerely appreciate me being one of them!
If you’re a first time listener, super super welcome, I am so pleased to have you here. I am your host Jenn Donovan, and it’s my job, via this podcast, social media and everywhere else actually, to make your business life simpler.
I’m a thought leader when it comes to marketing here in Australia and I’m a marketing strategist for small business.
Why? Because business can be lonely and hard and complicated and it’s hardly ever easy, but it should be simple or at least simpler, so that’s my commitment you to on the Small Business Made Simple podcast!
One way I help to make your life simpler is by having a group of like-minded business owners all in one stop. To ask questions, get answers and enjoy the journey of business! If you haven’t joined the Like Minded Business Owners Facebook Group, then hope over there after this episode and join! Simply search Like Minded Business Owners in Facebook or come to the show notes for the like. Show notes are at www.socialmediaandmarketing.com.au/103
This episode, if you’re listening live, is going out with a little over a week to Christmas Day – so I hope that, no matter what you believe or what you celebrate, you are beginning to wind down or at least see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Over on my socials – hopefully we are friends socially (!), I have been doing the Random Acts of Business Kindness as a 12 Day of Christmas celebration.
And I would like to share them here too. Because no matter where you are in the world, or where you are in business, the world needs more kindness from us all.
So, perhaps you’re not going to get time to do one of these day before the year’s out, but perhaps you could put them all on a list and tick them off, one by one, in the coming weeks or even months – doesn’t matter, kindness is timeless!
So, here goes, 12 ways you can spread the kindness in random acts:-
- Leave a google review for another small business you love (or another 5!)
- Give a gift to someone who’s just doing their job – like the mailman, the garbage man, the bus driver or perhaps someone in your office
- Reach out and say thanks to a difficult client – not because they are difficult but because we learn our biggest lessons from our unhappiest clients
- Bring morning tea into your workplace or shout another business morning tea
- Leave a Facebook review for another small business (or 5!)
- Have you done your Christmas cards? Never done them before, well think about it this year – want to stand out in a crowded marketplace – snail mail is your answer – who sends cards these days? You do! Because you care! PS – hand write them – no crapping two second signature with no writing – do it and do it well!
- Put a gift under a charity wishing tree – you’ll never see the recipient, but you know it will bring them a little joy
- Start your new year’s resolution – TODAY. Don’t wait – take that resolution out for a test run today!
- Leave a LinkedIn recommendation for someone you’ve worked with this year, someone who has over delivered for you and impressed your socks off (or, again maybe 5 people!)
- Share a product or service of another small business owner that you use or that you purchased recently – give them a shout on your socials – share the love!
- Say thanks to your people, maybe your team at work or maybe your team at home!
- Do one random act of kindness today to make the world a better place – maybe it’s you – maybe you need to be kind to you!
Life is the sum of all the little things. Business is the sum of all the little things (the 1%ers) – an abundant mindset will get you far. Kindness will give you joy.
We won’t speak again before Christmas – so if you celebrate it – enjoy. Have a fabulous few days with family and friends and just enjoy the company of others – it’s been a while!
I’ll be celebrating Christmas and then backing up to my first born’s 21st on the 27th! A full on few days (he was due on the 10th – so it’s totally his own fault). I’m just glad we get to celebrate – my other son missed out on celebrating his 18th due to restrictions.
Merry Christmas everyone, thanks sincerely for being a part of my world in 2020 – see you next week – there’s 1 more episode before the end of 2020 – so I’ll see you here next Thursday.
……..remember small business peeps, as my opening song says, there’s no point in dreaming small!