Welcome back to another short episode – episode 167 and we are talking about 8 Ways to come up with new content ideas
[WHAT TO POST]
This is probably one of the top 3 things I hear from my audience as their reason for not posting more often on social media – they simply don’t have any ideas in the bank left!
I hope that these 8 simple ideas help stimulate some great content from you all.
So let’s get into it
- Do a brain dump of all those ideas floating inside your head – get them out of your head and onto paper. No matter how silly or how small the idea is – get it out on paper – that’s where the gold is!
- Share a personal story that your audience can relate to and tell it – with a call to action of course!
- Do some research on what your followers are asking and talking about on social media – get social on social! Watch for the patterns and build content around what you find.
- Research recent events or updates in the world – eg/ every time Facebook changes something – if it relates to your audience, share it! (or the government changes something – you get the gist!)
- Read blogs, listen to interviews and listen to podcasts – again look for patterns of conversation – it only takes 1 sentence to spark an idea for a whole realm of content!
- Read over the recent comments on your own social media – what are people asking or commenting back to? What are you commenting on?
- Repurpose, repurpose, repurpose! This is my fav – what content did you produce 6-12 or 3 months ago that can be repurposed, refreshed and reshared?
- Facebooks groups – another place to look at what people are asking in your niche or commenting about – you could even do a poll to get some content!
It still takes research – for sure – marketing isn’t easy but it is SIMPLE 🙂